Wednesday, May 28, 2008
The wind blew me in
I am home. It was a good trip. There was no drama, no bitchiness and everyone had fun. It is possible that too much fun was had on a few occasions. I am at a loss as to where to start to describe this trip so may wait until I have my pics. Highlights include seeing some amazing architecture and sculptures, traveling on the El and observing Chicago culture in action, champagne cocktails, dancing with Stella and Cheezie, shopping, having drinks bought for us on several occasions and yet avoiding all tacky pick up attempts, feeling incredibly inspired by Dr. Heward, Dr. Johnson and a few others, the ICE ABA poster (always a highlight for me!), watching a prominent name in our field shake his booty to that song about apple bottom jeans and the boots with "da furrrr" and exposing Stella to the blues. I was a bit depressed at how hard it was to face going home... sometimes the weight of life gets to me. I spent a good 3 hours alone with my hubby on a hike and then dinner talking about it. I have learned that life is not as easy as you think it is going to be. I am not feeling super peppy and positive at the moment so am going to stop writing now. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I get that thinking to sometimes.
that makes me feel a bit less guilty ;-) thanks!!!
Its possible I am hitting mid-life crisis and will buy a sports car and a toupee or something soon.... one of my friends said "you aren't mid-life yet!" and I looked at her and said "Yeesh, I'd better be!" I am not one of those people who wants to live to 100. 70-80 good lived years sounds just peachy to me!
Hey M - welcome back. I totally get that feeling sometimes. Even when I know that I am so blessed, I've been there lately. Take care.
Post a Comment