
I commented to DH "Mmm I really like these veggie burgers". He gave a pointed look towards Gorilla and said "you mean hamburgers?" So I turned to gorilla and said "Hey do you like your burger? Yeah? guess what, it is a veggie burger." He replied that it was good and Banana piped up "Yeah and no cows had to die and its better for the environment too Gorilla!" and he responded "Yes it is. And I don't want to kill cows." From there they went off on a convo about saving the earth one bite at a time. I couldn't help but smile but looked up at my darling man guiltily. He was just shaking his head in resignation... finally he said "I guess I don't take the two of you hunting and fishing enough." To which Gorilla replied "I don't want to shoot a cow!" I had to laugh. Sigh.
For the record, I do love a good steak, dead cow or not! I actually don't have a problem with meat consumption, I just prefer it free range and fed organic food. Not because my little bleeding heart is sad for the cow (okay maybe sometimes it is), but because I have great respect for how God created the food chain and mass production of meat and feeding animals hormones was not in his master blue prints.

That said, there are many life advantages to going veg so I will not be sad if my children go that way. I may be excommunicated from my hubby's clan though. They thought he was nuts when he started dating a staunch vegetarian oh so many years ago.

Perhaps he was nuts. DH wants to buy a trailer for camping, perhaps I should push for the vanagon or a converted bus and paint it rainbow and just go all the way!! Pass me the birkenstocks!
No comments:
Post a Comment