Banana has decided that it is her last year of ballet. Although I'm slightly sad about this I am also thrilled with some of her other activities of choice. She's become a stellar skier and we will pursue that even further next year. Perhaps I can get her to the point where she can join a local ski club or something. She has also joined a fantastic choir and I am really pleased with how this is going. She loves to sing and she loves music. She's also been trying her hand at rock climbing, skateboarding, dog training work and biking so I think we'll explore those a bit more. And she wants to try horseback riding, kayaking so there is no shortage of activities to look into.
I have come across a fabulous book called Science in Action while online and I am going to order it. I am so inspired by the activities in it and I can't wait to try them out with the kids. Only 64 more days until our school year ends and then we are free to make some great changes.
Of course this also means that I only have 64 more days to finish up my thesis. Realistically, there is NO way I am going to meet that deadline. I'm behind on this project... but to be honest, I guess I just don't care. I love my thesis topic and I love the research but its been tough to juggle this (which feels less than urgent), my job (which can be extremely urgent and overwhelming on a frequent basis) and my family (which always needs to come first) as well as my marriage (which is incredibly important to me). I want to be done and I will be done at some point, but I guess part of my lack of motivation comes from the fact that finishing my thesis doesn't really change much from the perspective of my professional interactions. Yeah, I get to put some letters after my name but my day to day work won't change. I've achieved what I wanted to achieve professionally (for now) and I am making a decent income and I have more than enough work. But clearly the thesis is weighing on my mind as I keep talking about it (month after month!!) and now that I feel a bit more stressed about it I will probably get a lot more done!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment