Last night's dinner:
Clear chicken soup with lime, avocado and tomato (simply chicken broth heated with a jalapeno poured over a bowl filled with fresh tomato, avocado and cilantro with a squeeze of fresh lime.
and Chicken enchiladas: I boiled the chicken breasts, which sounds gross but it allows you to shred the meat nicely. I sauteed some shallots, zucchini and swiss chard together in olive oil. I usually use spinach but I didn't have that on hand so I used my swiss chard. I mixed in the shredded chicken (4 breasts for 5 people and we had a tonne of leftovers so I could have used less). I dipped the corn tortillas in que pasa fresh salsa heated up and then filled each tortilla with the chicken mixture and rolled it up. I topped with the heated salsa. I didn't use any cheese or rice as I am trying to lose some weight at the moment. Served with black beans which were heated with some onions sauteed in a bit of olive oil. Good, healthy and delicious.
I made Gorilla's with chicken only and a bit of salsa and served black beans and cucumbers on the side for him. Banana had the regular version but was questioning the swiss chard. I told her that it was yummy, nutritious, beautiful to look at, that it was all natural and that God made it and that makes it perfect. She ate it willingly after that.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment