I found this recipe in one of my books and I just love it.
Mix olive oil with salt or sugar until it forms a thick paste. Use it as a scrub for face, hands, body etc.
The first time i used it I was a bit unnerved by the fact that it left my face oily. But after a minute or two it began to sink in and then my face just felt soft. I wouldn't use this in the morning but it was nice at night time. And when I woke up the next morning my skin felt very soft. It is really nice on hands too. I haven't yet used it as a body scrub but I think I will. And its cheap!!
Sopa de Lima
I made Sopa de Lima yesterday but had no limes so used lemon instead. It was very good. Zucchini, cherry tomatoes, vegetable broth, lemon slices... it was good and very healthy. Probably better with limes though.
Amansala Salad
1 cup napa cabbage shredded, 1 cup romaine shredded, carrots shredded and I think it calls for tomato and avocado as well. I just throw in whatever veggies I have on hand. Top with grilled fish or chicken (today I did halibut as I had one lonely piece in my freezer) and then this amazing dressing that is 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 balsamic dressing, 2 cloves of garlic minced, 2 tbsp of brown sugar (!), sesame oil (can't remember amount, but I used a bit of this instead of the olive oil), fresh ginger minced and 2 tbsp of water. I think I could drink this dressing from the container it is so good! And that was lunch! Very good.
Decreasing landfill waste
We have completely stopped buying zip locks and other plastic bags. I am also trying to not use paper towels anymore. I thought about elminating them completely but this morning the meat I was defrosting for Albert spilled over and there was lots of blood on my fridge shelf and i had to clean it up. I was thankful for paper towels at that moment.
My Thesis
I've made signficant progress forwards on this. Not sure why I have been so bad about this!! I just lost focus temporarily I guess... anyways the whole thing is taking me WAY too long but that is okay. The journey has been good. I'm on a roll now and hope to finish... some day... LOL!
2 comments:
Okay,
Will try the scrub!
MMMmmm yummy recipes.
I don't know if I can do the zip locks...though if I had more storage space for tupperware....
YAY for the thesis progress!
what would I do without you, my own personal cheerleader :-) So great to have a kindred spirit :-)
Post a Comment