Do they still make snausages for dogs? That brand name has forever affected by ability to pronounce sausages.
Tonight for dinner we had stuffed kabocha squash. I'm not sure what the difference between a kabocha and an acorn or butternut, I guess flavor... but I'd have to taste test them together to know the difference. So why Kabocha? (sp?) Um, simply because I had two large ones. I also had 5 lean chicken sausages (sweet italian flavor). So I made a stuffing from the sausages, an onion, a tart apple and 2 cups of bread crumbs. Cooked and then stuffed the squash and baked for 20 minutes. Served it with some salad (lettuce bought by our lovely mexican student who nods when I talk about buying local foods only but then buys anything and everything from non local places - poor gal must miss mexico produce sooo much!!) and some fig and fennel bread... which I didn't actually have any of because the squash was very filling. It was good... not phenomenal, but good and relatively cheap. Gorilla liked it. Banana has not home to try it because today she auditioned for a choir and was asked to join. The choir leader commented on her lovely voice and said she had perfect pitch... I've been told that before but didnt' realize that only 1 in 100 people have that. Impressive! I for one do NOT have perfect pitch and am not a good singer so I appreciate those who have that gift.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow!! Congrats to B! That's so awesome (and so fabulous that she has perfect pitch). Go girl!
Yay B!
Impressive throw-together off the top of your head with what you have meal!!! mmm...
umm, I don't do anything top of my head... its a recipe from the new cookbook. I am just not creative like that. I am a good follower of recipes and that is the extent of my skill :-)
Post a Comment