Friday, January 18, 2008

Beans and Rice

Last night we had black beans and rice for dinner. It was super simple, saute onion and green pepper in a skillet, add black beans, rice, broth, garlic, put lid on and simmer. It was surprisingly tasty!

Tonight I have prepped stroganoff to go in my crock pot again. I have a long day out of the house so coming home to a ready dinner is very appealing. I think we are out of egg noodles though so I'll have to leave a note for DH to pick some up as I am not home until 6:30.

It is going to be a full weekend as I am spending saturday doing research with a colleague and then teaching all day on sunday. But I love doing research... I don't like writing up my research, I just like doing it!

1 comment:

Lindsey and Mike said...

I just bought a cookbook last night that has a small chapter on black beans...I love them and can't wait to make some stuff in the book.

Good luck with the research (hope Saturday ends with a couple glasses of wine) and the teaching on Sunday!