Thursday, January 17, 2008
Loco for coconut
During my recent trip to Superstore I spotted some silver wire baskets that looked very nice. I bought 3, came home and proceeded to reorganize my pantry. It wasn't pre-meditated, it just sort of happened. I liked the new bins because you can see what is in them without having to pull them down. But what I discovered was that I didn't like the bins when they were on the shelf because you could see what was in them. It looked messy. I have now moved, removed, replaced and moved again my entire baking cupboard contents, all of my canned goods and have no idea where to put anything all of a sudden. I have decided that 40% of my cupboard space is ridiculously high and therefore useless for anyone under the height of 5'9. I have sorted through my stash of tupperwares, discovering that I had two wine boxes worth of containers with no lids and lids with no containers, 2 darthvader slurpee cups and a mystery plastic thing that I am not sure what its purpose is. I have also discovered that I have a lot of coconut. When I say a lot, I mean, a lot. I was telling Lindsey last night that I had 2 unopened bags of coconut plus two open and half used bags of coconut. Today, while sorting through more stuff I realized that I actually had a fifth bag, also unopened. Why am I hoarding all of this coconut? The funny thing is that I have no idea what I bought these bags for. Time to start looking for some coconut recipes I think. Macaroons anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What is the secret wtih Tupperware hey?!? I've never met anyone who doesn't have the insane tupperware cupboard with half the things missing pieces. I've seen organizers for tupperware..but I'm suspicious about whether they actually work (I guess the key is I would have to actually PUT the tupperware into the organizer).
snort! Ya, no kidding! I have organizers, they didn't organize. Tupperware and socks, two things that constantly lose their match and defy all reasonable explanation.
A fifth bag of coconut?!?! I think you're hiding something and it's time for an intervention;)
Post a Comment