Sunday, January 20, 2008

A surprisingly good weekend

I am exhausted. What a weekend! Worked on friday, had dinner, vegetated and waited for Stella to arrive so I could crash. Woke up on saturday and decided it was Ikea time and woke Stella so that we could go for 99 cent breakfast. We shopped, I went hog wild and picked up some much needed items, we came home and spent much of the day chatting, cooking and not getting as much research done as we had planned. We had fun making vegetable vindaloo, naan, raita and then stayed up until 4:30 finishing our project du jour. Got up again on sunday at 8:00 am to move furniture, set up technology and turn my living room into a classroom. There was a small kafuffle when we couldn't find the flash drive and therefore couldn't print and an even bigger spaz when we realized that a) Staples didn't open until 10;00 am b) that the photocopier at Shoppers drug mart was broken. In the end Stella spilled her coffee in the truck and ended up having to do a rush job at Staples, 2 people arrived 30 minutes early to find me running around doing last minute duties but everything else went well. I am fried and have put banana in charge of movie and getting gorilla to bed on time. Time to crash! Having Stella around for the weekend was a tonne of fun though!

No comments: