Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Off to a good start
I woke up this morning at 4:23 a.m. I have no idea why. Stress perhaps? I certainly have plenty. I am now officially past my deadline and not finished the current project. Bugger. I attempted to get up and get work done and then found myself back in bed at 6:50... just in time to fall asleep before the kids get up at 7:00 a.m. I got up for good, threw on an outfit I thought was cute (cream sweater, white t-shirt, jeans and some new boots that I picked up for a steal). Went downstairs, made myself a half eggnog, half skim latte and promptly spilled about 1/4 of it on my cream sweater. Bugger. I then decided the new boots were too big afterall and took them off so that they can be returned. The remainder of the day proves to be just as fabulous as I will be spending it here with my MacBook as I desperately try to complete this stupid, stupid project asking myself why I thought I should get a masters degree. Life would have been easier if a) I had just gone back to my old research job that I did before kids (my replacement BTW is RAKING in the money and has had a phd paid for by the university!!! argh!) or b) I had pursued my life long dream of working at Starbucks. Sigh. Welcome to tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well hopefully you had enough eggnog for the latte.
BTW I resisted the urge to phone you at 10:30 and see if you had any extra sand paper lying around for a wee project that I didn't end up starting.
Oy vei! Hope today is going better for you.
I also have a life long dream of working at a coffee joint...owning my own coffee joint. It was a sad day when I found out you can't "buy" a Starbucks. A girl can dream can't she? :)
Post a Comment