Sunday, December 16, 2007

Heavenly Beds and Santa Brunch

Its been a crazy, busy month.... isn't that always the way with December? I've been swamped with finishing up some research work and dealing with a couple of ongoing health issues and as a result some things have just had to take the back burner. This weekend was a chance to put all of that aside and forget about it, at least for a moment. Friday night was Justin's work party. It was at the Westin Bayshore and the company paid for a hotel room for us. It was so nice after a lovely dinner and social time to just take the elevator up to our heavenly bed! I wasn't feeling super fab so the party itself was a bit of a struggle but I enjoyed waking up to the sound of seagulls the next morning and the coal harbor vista. We had a great brunch at the hotel and spent the day shopping downtown for Christmas presents. We headed over to the mother land (South Granville) for a little Restoration Hardware/Pottery Barn therapy and (drumroll please) found a rug... finally! It is actually a rug we picked out right after we moved into this house but when we went to order it, they had discontinued it. Now it is back and they have it in our size so we just need to place the order. We brought the 3x5 size home to check the color and it looks good. Today we headed downtown for our yearly Santa Breakfast at the Terminal city club. Its an amazing brunch - the best food, lovely music, Santa and all set in a beautiful ballroom. After brunch we headed up to the pool for a swim. I love the terminal city club!! The weekend is almost over, the kids are out with their grandfather, DH is playing music at the church and I am coming back to reality and thinking I'd better finish up this research. sigh.

No comments: