Monday, December 10, 2007

Advent #2

Yesterday started off with a good dusting of snow and Gorilla counting down the minutes until 9:00 am (the time he is allowed to go outside). The kids ran out of the house at 8:59:59 and I began making pancakes. Before I knew it my clan had increased by 3 and the table was filled with pancake eating monsters. Steamed chocolate milk completed the meal and then I sent them all back outside again. I attempted to work on some research while keeping an eye on the children and then after a soup lunch we headed up to Grouse Mountain for "The Peak of Christmas". The description on the web made it sound gloriously large and tonnes of fun but I was disappointed with it overall. We skated on the tiny outside pond, visited reindeer in a very small pen, looked at some decorated trees and watched a very 1970's cartoon about Frosty the Snowman making a wife for himself. After we headed back down the mountain we decided to pop into Memphis Blues for some BBQ and left feeling overstuffed and flubby. It is good food but you don't walk out of there thinking "wow I feel so refreshed!". In the business of the day we didn't have time to do Advent #2 right so we are doing it tonight instead. Oddly enough we are having the same thing for dinner that we had for last sunday's advent.... weird. We do have roast chicken fairly often I guess - I buy some really great free range chicken in marinade on a weekly basis. To make dinner I simply throw it into my baking pan and chop up every and any vegetable in the fridge. Roast chicken and veggies in one pot and super easy. Its one of my easy dinners.

No comments: