Friday, November 23, 2007

Veggierama

I had a yummy, low fat, nutritious meal last night - Pasta primavera served over spaghetti mixed with spaghetti squash. I envisioned the squash and the pasta mixing evenly but that did not actually happen. Instead the noodles were together and then there was squash but it was still good. I used buckwheat soba for spaghetti purely because I was out of spaghetti and had 2 boxes of soba. Buckwheat soba are a great alternative to rice when having a stir-fry. Very good. I love spaghetti squash and was pleased that when served this way the kids loved it too. The primavera was easy. I stir-fried some shallots with 2 tsps of olive oil, added 4 garlic cloves (yum!) and then added some mushrooms and some rainbow chard and kale. Once these were cooked, I removed the veggies from the pan and deglazed it with 1/3 cup of white wine and then added some chicken broth with cornstarch to make a sauce. The veggies went back in and we served that over the pasta. It was very nice and went well with a glass of Therapy Chardonnay. The nuttiness of the noodles, the earthy mushrooms and the oaky chardonnay mixed nicely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmmm
Mo

T. said...

mmmmm...Sounds VERY good. The Therapy Chardonnay is goood :-)