Saturday, November 17, 2007
Road Rage
Today I was stuck in the shopping mall parking lot for over 30 minutes because there was an insane traffic line-up to exit the lot. Why? Yes, you guessed it... bridge construction. I can't even begin to explain the length of the lines. It was exasperating. When I went to leave I purposefully looked for a row that had a line up and headed to the back of this line up. So it was particularly annoying when this older man decided to drive madly across parking spaces, cutting through the lot instead of using any of the "roads" or lanes and then literally barged in front of me. Despite the fact that I was not leaving space for him, not waving him in and give him the "I don't think so" head shake, he just forced his way in. Had I not stopped he would have taken off my bumper. His aggression was rather foolish really because my SUV was much bigger than his tiny little beamer but he knew that if I hit him, it would be my fault. This came after several frustrating parking lot events and 20 minutes in line at EB games with Gorilla so I have to admit, I was in a less than good mood. In a moment of weakness, I have to admit, I flipped the bird at the beamer. Not one of my better moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ahh Jason was in this same line up... Took him forever to get home!
Having had the same moments of weakness a few times in the past, I completely understand your frustration!! I wish there was another way to express yourself quickly and efficiently ... A friend and I thought sticking out our tongues would be more appropriate - especially if it's someone I know and don't recognize. But of course then you run the risk of looking like a total weirdo. I hate getting road rage almost as much as I hate stupid drivers. :)
ugh, it was a horrible line!!! Yes perhaps we should carry placards with us that say something "How rude!!" or "Please don't cut me off" or "I don't appreicate that!!!" so that we can not give the middle finger. Sigh. Road rage is icky.
Post a Comment