Saturday, November 24, 2007

Give me some meat

Dh has been away in NWT and Nunavut for awhile. Anticipating his return I defrosted some organic Stew Meat from Rosemary Ranch and planned to make Beef Bourgignon (sp? It doesn't look quite right?!! I'm too lazy to look it up). Stuff happened and I didn't have time to prep the stew before I left for work so I asked DH to do it. Came home from work at 6:30 to find DH madly working on his computer and no stew. Stew takes several hours so clearly that was not going to happen. Tired, with a bit of a sore throat, I didn't feel up to making anything. We had leftovers in the fridge but I had them set aside for lunch on Saturday which was going to be a swamped and busy day. DH tried to convince me we should have pizza or chinese but I couldn't stomach the thought so he opted for Tim Horton's. Spending money on take out seems so ridiculous when your fridge is full but he insisted that he didn't want to cook and I needed to not cook so that is how I ended up with a bowl of tim horton's chili for dinner. This afternoon DH left for the Yukon and I have a mountain of stew meat in my fridge so we are having stew. I like stew but it seems silly to make something so lovely that is meant to be enjoyed with wine when I am alone and swamped with work. Nonetheless Beef Bourgignon is bubbling away in my oven right now. I am madly working on some research that I NEED to finish by November 30th, trying to ignore all of the other things that need to be done and happy that my children are at the neighbors for playdates. Feeling a bit under the weather tonight I think we will skip church and I will put a movie on for the kids and work until midnight on my research. I'm still in my pj's and I wouldn't mind staying that way if it wasn't for the blockbuster movie that is so overdue that if I don't return it by tomorrow I will own it. A hot bath and an apple cinnamon neocitran ought to do me in for the night.

No comments: