Sunday, November 25, 2007

No Pudge Brownies

A month ago, while shopping in Whole Foods, I stumbled across the No Pudge brownies. I've seen the ads for these brownies before in magazines but have never actually seen them in person. There was raspberry, mint, regular and other flavors. I decided to try the raspberry. As a general rule I like to make things myself but I am not opposed to a good brownie or cake mix. When it comes to a basic cake or brownie recipe, I don't find that from scratch tastes different from box. What I don't love about the from box is the extras that are in the ingredients. The No Pudge brownies are made with fat free yogurt or you can make them with applesauce. I whipped up a batch while making breakfast and I snuck a small piece and they are very good. Dense, the corner/edge was a bit chewy and the raspberry/chocolate combination is very good. But what really excited me was that for those of us who have a hard time having just one brownie, the no pudge box comes with instructions on how to make single servings! 2 tbsp of brownie mix with yogurt, microwave and apparently you have a 1 servings sized brownie! Very cool! Of course I made the whole pan... "for the children"... note quotation marks.

2 comments:

T. said...

I first found the No-Pudge brownies when I was in the US, at Trader Joes. They ARE good - but I hadn't seen the various flavours - only the regular chocolate version! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to see if they have them anywhere here, now that I know they're in Canada :-)

Magnificent M said...

I wonder if we could request a microwave while in chicago and then we could make no pudge brownies in single servings while we are there... I"m half kidding but as I type thinking that actually I am a bit serious as well.

brownies after a long day of lectures....? not a bad idea!!

did I tell you I put in a request for a fridge for a room and was told that would be available?