Friday, September 07, 2007

mono y mono

A few weeks ago I posted about our new addition to our family, Alejandra. The day that Ale was supposed to fly here she became very, very sick and had to go to the hospital. She was put on antibiotics, spent the day in the emergency room and had tests done. Her family called us to say that she was very sick and would have to wait to come to Canada. A few days later they called and said she had mono. We figured we wouldn't be seeing for at least several weeks. Today she emailed me to say she is all better, that the doctor has given her approval to work, to fly and to start her classes. She has booked a flight for tomorrow night. She is very excited as she thought she would miss starting her semester and was very blue about this. Now she will only be a few days late to her classes. So as of late tomorrow night, Ale will be here. I clicked on her facebook page to see

Alejandra is ya estoy bien ... Dios te amo !!

Which translates (I think, if my time in Spanish 101 still sticks) to Alejandra is already better... I love you God!!

I am very excited to have this lovely young woman in our family and I have been so impressed with her devotion to God over the past few months while chatting with her online. Its going to be weird having a whole new person in my house, but I think it will be good too.

****mono y mono is used to refer to one on one but I read somewhere it means monkey and monkey in spanish so have never been able to use that phrase without giggling now. And seeing as I have a thing about monkeys, it seems appropriate.

2 comments:

T. said...

Yaayyyy!!! I'm so glad she's coming soon!!

Magnificent M said...

she's here now! Last night we picked her up. I was wearing my skirt and ballet flats and a t-shirt and jacket and she took one look at my bare legs while we stood outside and said "aren't you cold?" I laughed and told her "ahhh this is actualy really warm for here" This morning I discovered she loves coffee (match in heaven??!) and that in Mexico they have all of the same things including subway, blockbuster, mcdonalds, hellman's mayonaise, heinz.... its good to know we are exporting all of our "good things" eh? Sad, very sad. The corruption of other cultures with our fast food, big box approach to life. Upon spotting a jar of chipotle peppers in my pantry she squealed with joy and she was extremely happy about our collection of peppers from Keremeos in our produce drawer. I think she will be happy.