Tonight I made my hubby one of his favorites, BBQ ribs kansas style with coleslaw. It was supposed to be with corn bread and corn but DH, who was supposed to run out and by me new cornmeal because mine was discovered to be suspect, decided to take the long way and have a frappiccino and show Ale a bizillion different things. Oh and he was supposed to buy corn. But despite not having 2 corn products to accompany the meal, it was very good. I think it qualifies as a true act of love because if you know me I don't like eating things off the bone (please refrain from any dirty comments) and I don't like to eat meat that has lots of fat on it. Speaking of fat, you should have seen the flames fan high when I threw those rib racks on the bbq! Wow! Burn baby burn! But fortunately it was just the fat/bone side that turned into an inferno, the meat side was perfectly done. The entire meal (especially since it was minus the cornbread) was from the 100 mile radius except I screwed up and used brown sugar to make my bbq sauce instead of honey. Sugar most certainly does NOT grow within 100 miles of me. Sadly. We had Inniskillen Zinfandel (2003) which is sort of local, with our dinner. It was messy but good.
As a sign of reciprocated love he made roasted vanilla peaches with ice cream. I'm guessing he didn't buy local ice cream but at least he picked it up from the store on foot. Let's hope he saved some for me!!
Ale is here and we had a very nice day getting to know her. I really like her. If it weren't for my high stress work load I'd feel very calm and collected. I am so tired that perhaps I simply do feel calm and collected purely because I am incapable of anything else tonight. Perhaps I will pair those peaches with some dessert wine...
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was pleased to see that hubby had indeed bought ice cream from island farms which is in our 100 mile radius... and he was very pleased with the fact that he had remembered. It was awfully cute!
Post a Comment