Okay I'm not sure if I should repeat this story... it may be too gross!!! DH told me this story the other night and I laughed so hard that it hurt my still not completely recovered back.
We have a cat named Boomer whom we adopted from the Shelter 1.5 years ago. He's old. He was 9 when we adopted him. He is large, he is a complete teddy bear and he is very sweet. He likes to sleep on our bed at night with us. Lately he's started to be extremely lovey-dovey and will climb up and settle in the nook of our arms and then purr like mad. Or, my personal favorite, he'll climb up onto your pillow and then knead your hair while purring at the volume of a small train. He also likes to crawl up IN BETWEEN dh and I while sleeping and then stretch out so that he is touching both of us and then settle in and fall asleep.
The other night he did exactly this as I was falling asleep. I drifted off but apparently DH soon woke up. He said that he was barely awake and could smell this smell.... he said as he woke up he had the thought that it smelled like someone was standing outside of our bedroom window smoking, well, weed. Our current neighborhood is pretty straightlaced and I don't think any of my neighbors would be doing this but I suppose you never know. Oddly enough this actually happened once in our old neighborhood. Our neighbors, who by the way were also suspected swingers and when caught drinking and driving and had her licence suspended told me that I might need to drive her around (?!?), would smoke pot on their deck and it would waft into our bedroom. I would just like to say that this is NOT a pleasant smell in any way! Blech! So gross!!!! So DH pulled himself awake, opened his eyes and realized that what he smelled was Boomer's rear end curled up awfully close to DH's face!
I'm laughing even now as I type. Totally disgusting, I know!!!! Perhaps it is time to get the cat to stop sleeping with us!
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ROFL - Rascal does this to us, well not the weed smell, but the sleeping thing. :-D
That is just nasty!
Yes, I have to agree, it is nasty. Like I said, he's an old cat. But I think his days of cuddling may be over... we may need to ban him from the bed. He is awfully cuddly though... sad.
I just read this while eating breakfast...I'm going to pretend that I didn't just read it.
ha ha ha! Glad I could gross you out a bit.
Post a Comment