At dinner we discussed the Freud action figure and Gorilla asked "Have you seen his show? Is he from a movie?" I snort and say "Noooooo." DH comments something about "Gee wouldn't that be a good show?!" and Gorilla decides he needs to pick a song for it and maybe even a whole soundtrack. At this point exactly I reach my breaking point, swallow my food and say forcefully "Freud can only have his own show if he is the villain." Gorilla interjects that "Freud is not a bad guy!" with this laugh as if I just suggested something hilarious and then Banana says "Why is he the bad guy, cuz he smokes a cigar?" to which I replay "No, he's just inaccurate and.... nevermind, he's just crazy."
HYSTERICAL!!! I hope that one day I have dinnertime conversations with my kids like that (you know, when I have them). Excellent!!! You are so right btw.
I think only you and Linds will appreciate my pain :(
I happen to think B. F. would make a great bobble head... look at his head, its already the perfect bobble head!!!
But seriously, why oh why would my son pick a sigmund freud action figure at the science world store? I am raising a young man who likes James Brown, Ikea and apparently Freud. I feel as though somewhere along the line I have veered off the path...
"I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."
- Helen Keller
"If we learn to seek godly contentment as our great gain, we will take and shape less of God's earth. We will demand less from the land. We will leave room for other creatures. We will responsibly exercise dominion over the earth and will preserve it. We will thus allow creation to heal itself and to perpetuate its fruitfulness, to the praise of its Creator."
- Calvin B. DeWitt, president of the Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies
"My head bent over a bowl of steaming soup, my prayer seems to be incense floating up to heaven. I think God likes soup.
- Mary Beth Lind
"Food bears the signature of God's grace. It is the fruit of the web of life that clothes our globe in such beauty... a steady diet of gratitude keeps us awake in God's economy of grace. It invites us to make choices that allow all to have a place at the banquet and the web of life to flourish."
- Cathy Campbell, author of Stations of the Banquet: Faith Foundations for Food Justice
5 comments:
At dinner we discussed the Freud action figure and Gorilla asked "Have you seen his show? Is he from a movie?" I snort and say "Noooooo." DH comments something about "Gee wouldn't that be a good show?!" and Gorilla decides he needs to pick a song for it and maybe even a whole soundtrack. At this point exactly I reach my breaking point, swallow my food and say forcefully "Freud can only have his own show if he is the villain." Gorilla interjects that "Freud is not a bad guy!" with this laugh as if I just suggested something hilarious and then Banana says "Why is he the bad guy, cuz he smokes a cigar?" to which I replay "No, he's just inaccurate and.... nevermind, he's just crazy."
HYSTERICAL!!! I hope that one day I have dinnertime conversations with my kids like that (you know, when I have them). Excellent!!! You are so right btw.
I think only you and Linds will appreciate my pain :(
I happen to think B. F. would make a great bobble head... look at his head, its already the perfect bobble head!!!
But seriously, why oh why would my son pick a sigmund freud action figure at the science world store? I am raising a young man who likes James Brown, Ikea and apparently Freud. I feel as though somewhere along the line I have veered off the path...
Oh Freud. I have my Freud action figure, but only because he makes me laugh. He is still in his package in a yet-to-be-unpacked box.
Can you please arrange Freud and Barbie in a therapy-type scene and post it on your blog? That would up your hero status:)
Post a Comment