Sadly date week has not met expectations...
Tuesday night was a mad dash of furniture assembly and room set ups event. This night was actually fun. We opened a bottle of wine, had a nice dinner and worked like crazy. The results are
-some improvements to our rec room with the addition of 2 arm chairs (already owned), a bookcase moved from my office into the rec room, some furniture re-positioning and the opportunity to purge lots of stuff from the room while the kids are not around - Big Brothers picked it all up on thursday.
-a new bedroom set up in my old office, trundle bed, new dresser, night table and a desk... a room for Ale and once she is gone an actual guest room as we seem to have guests on a very frequent basis.
- a new shared office downstairs. my desk is set up but filing and shelving needs to be addressed still. My beautiful desk looks good against the green walls but I am still thinking of changing the color.
-a new bed for banana. Her trundle bed didn't work in her room and it was the perfect fit for the guest room so we bought her a new, very pretty bed.
-DH put together 4 ikea furniture items and only swore one time. This is great progress because at one time DH was banned from the assembly of all things ikea due to excessive swearing. I was the resident allan key expert and the only one patient enough to actually follow their cryptic directions.
Wednesday: planned a nice dinner at home and a hike for the evening. DH got caught up in a conference call and didn't get home until 7:30. It was too late to do anything and he wasn't in a good mood anyway. As Gorilla is fond of saying "boooooooo".
Thursday: my back was sore all day wednesday and excruciating wed pm and sure enough I woke up in deep pain on thursday and had to head off to do some on-site work. I Popped muscle relaxants and drank excessive caffeine once at work to ensure I was able to function and spent the day wincing every time i moved. Came home, scheduled emergency chiropractic appointment and had to cancel plans of hoping to go downtown. The chiropracter made drastic improvements but I still had to lay on my side for an extended period of time, effectively kaiboshing (sp?) any fun for the evening. We ended up going to Homesense and buying towels, sheets, a bench (that may or may not make the cut), and some various decorative things. We stopped off at a pub for a drink and enjoyed some free appy's as we had a card from a previous trip when they made a mistake on our order.
Today: The week is over and I still haven't gone to Granville island or walked the seawall and I feel a bit disappointed about this. My back is still very sore. I have a tonne of work to do but would really like to go downtown. I've taken some muscle relaxants but will soon need some caffeine if I am going to actually stay awake so I guess I'll just see how it goes.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment