Having a child with extra needs certainly brings extra burdens and challenges to life but you learn to take your lumps as they come. One element I have yet to adjust to and take with a smile on my face is the amount of paperwork the government continues to bury us in. It seems as though every 3 months they come up with some new way to try to make our lives more chaotic. This time around they have decided that we now need to submit documentation every 3 months proving we work full time so that we can be eligible for a few hundred dollars of funding. Gee, wow, without that couple of hundred dollars every month how would we pay our over $30,000 a year in therapy costs *note sarcasm*. I'll tell you how, by working our asses off every day. FFFFuuuzz buckets! The best part is that I'm self-employed and the documentation they require is a letter form my boss. I don't have a boss. You can use your imaginations to envision the chaos this development brought about. In order to submit said paperwork and sign YET another form, DH had to stay home from work today. I would like to point out the irony in the fact that DH was unable to work so that he could prove that he works so that we could access a bit of funding. Hmph.
The upside, and there must be one, is that DH was home today and that makes me very happy. Technically he worked from home but it is just nice to have him around. Working from home meant that I could make lunch for him and we could eat our lunch on the patio (shredded chicken on lettuce and cabbage with black beans and avocado). Working from home meant that he could wash, dry and fold 4 loads of laundry while he talked on his phone using his earpiece. Working from home meant that we could take a 1 hour walk together.... ahhhhh.... Much needed date time.
All right, my time is up, the kids have lost the TV remote and no one can find it and we can't get the TV off of the game cube channel. Fun plans for my evening!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And this is partly why I haven't filed dh's taxes yet. He is self-employed, return was due June 15th but now we need to find a form for #1 and back date it to actual dx date. In the end it will reduce our taxes by very little but a little helps. Then I found out last week that Pharmacare doesn't cover #1 rx so I should have been keeping the receipts because I will not ever hit the deductible with them (whereas I should have probably alrady hit it). Yes, I should have been keeping them anyway but I had a weird brain freeze for some reason.
However, I did get date night with dh tonight and we saw Evan Almighty. It made me relax and I think I even laughed. It was a good thing.
ugh, paperwork is so annoying! I wouldn't mind if it was just paperwork for funding but they just bury us in it from all angles. Glad you had fun last night though!
Post a Comment