Monday, June 25, 2007

Magnificent M does Mahi Mahi

I had such an amazing dinner tonight!!! Poor stella, she has to read about this twice!

We started with a yummy soup that I had the other night with double double as well. Simmer chicken broth with 1 minced jalapeno. Cut up an avocado (1/2 per person) and 1 tomato per person and put in the bowl, Add a wack of cilantro and then pour the broth over top. What I hate about soup is the over simmered, over mixed taste it takes on. This soup is the perfect answer to that. The vegetables are so fresh and are not cooked but not raw. The broth has a lovely flavor to it with the spicy jalapeno and the cilantro is just delish. After this we had steamed mahi mahi on a bed of buckwheat soba noodles tossed in a lovely ginger-jalapeno-soy-white wine sauce (just a small amount was needed), sprinkled with lots of cilantro and lightly drizzled with more yummy sauce. It was incredibly light and lovely. It was one of the best meals that I have ever eaten and yet so simple and fresh and very little work required. And the mahi mahi? What a lovely fish! I've had it before at a restaurant but was impressed with how good it was at home. Firm, bland in flavor and no the least bit fishy. Best of all, it came from the frozen seafood section at Superstore. $7.99 for two pieces... while that is far from being a bargain meal, it is certainly much cheaper than eating out and just as good! Better maybe! By the end of the meal we were both completely stuffed without being over stuffed.

Yum!

1 comment:

4ever29 said...

I am a fan of the mahi mahi too. Had it as much as I could in Hawaii years ago.