Monday, June 18, 2007
Joy
I feel a bit off lately. I'm not quite sure what the problem is but it started about 6-7 weeks ago now. I really noticed that I felt off when I was in San Diego because in SD I felt very good and it felt very odd. After a rather stressful drive home (traffic, several anxiety inducing merge situations, Stella running me through my coping skills programs and then having my car searched at the border and JUST making it to the last ferry home for the day for Stella) I found myself not wanting to come home. I had this urge to just keep driving. Not good. I should clarify that the feeling wasn't one of not wanting to see my DH or my kids - I was anxious to see them for sure! - it was more of a not wanting to return to reality feeling. The break from reality made me realize that I was not feeling like me lately. I feel tired, overwhelmed, a bit stressed, anxious and lacking in joy. There are times when I feel good - usually when I am temporarily escaping reality again - but for the most part I am feeling a bit blah. I think I might need a vacation!!! What I have settled for are some vitmains that are called multi + daily joy. Its a daily vitamin with some extra b vitamins. Not sure if it will do anything but taking a vitamin may not be a bad idea and as an added bonus these vitamins claim to help with carb cravings which is a problem for me. After buying these I read that you can increase your joy factor by also taking Omega 3 + joy. I have now bought those too. I took my first two Omega's today and I have to say they are by far the biggest pills I've ever swallowed. I have seen cocktail wieners smaller than these babies!!! Seriously large! They'd better bring joy for the effort they require to swallow!!! My other plan of attack is execise. Exercise always helps with stress management. As someone who used to work out 5 days a week, I am disturbed by how my schedule has managed to take over so that I no longer make this time for me. I am trying to turn it back around and make the time. Wish me luck! Change is a hard thing to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I too sometimes find myself lacking "joy" and I find myself trying to recapture what seemed so easy at a different time. Earlier this year I discovered that watching "Paul of Tarsus" helped me to turn the tide on a funk. I am serious, even if you think I jest. Not sure if you can get it at the local video store?
Costco in the US used to have these mega doses of vitamin B in viles that you poured into a glass of water and downed. Definitely a good pick me up. It might be a good chaser for the horse pills.
LOL! Somehow I know you are serious in that recommendation! I'm a snickering at the image of me doing a B vitamin chaser after the horse pills.
Post a Comment