Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dinner tonight

I have blog envy... I like 4ever29's new addition of "what's for dinner tonight". I had a particularly yummy dinner tonight, chock full of veggies and worth a mention. I had some friends coming over tonight and we were celebrating some lasts so I decided it was a good day for homemade pizza. I made a pepperoni pizza for the kids and a roasted vegetable with goat cheese pizza for the adults. My roasted vegetable pizza is a bit of kitchen sink event - in other words it is a dinner where I pull out anything and everything and figure out how to make it work on the pizza. This time around I sliced several zuch's lengthwise, sliced up mushrooms and a large sweet onion and added some garlic. These veggies were roasted in a bit of olive oil first. The pizza crust was then layered with some homemade pesto, the roasted veggies, sundried tomatoes and then a small amount of goat cheese. The pizza always ends up being at least 3 inches tall but what a great way to eat your veggies! We had a good chat tonight and it was nice to interact with some adults.

3 comments:

Lindsey and Mike said...

Sounds delicious. The wheels are turning in my mind...love goat cheese, love vegetables, must make.

Magnificent M said...

perhaps I'll make it for you and cupcake man next time you are over....:-)

Magnificent M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.