Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Study up Stella!

When I was in preschool my parents went through this insane phase and they and all of their friends signed up for Disco lessons. I kid you not. Moved by the music they bought a disco record that came with a fold out jacket and had pictures of how to disco on it. Shortly after completing the lessons my parents decided they were not disco dancers and the record became mine. And so began my life long love of disco. I taught myself to disco from those pictures and my little friends and I used to boogie around my bedroom. There is something about disco to this day that makes me want to get up and dance and I love a good arm pumping, hand rolling, booty shaking disco song!! I could seriously waste away several hours teaching myself the moves in this video. I warn you, this is a bit long. Definately stop the video at 6 minutes and 30 seconds in... it goes downhill after that. The dancing is spectacular though! The high waisted white pants have a certain something to them.



When I was older I began to study dance somewhat seriously and my jazz teacher was obsessed with Michael Jackson. The man is, umm, extremely odd but he is a phenomenal dancer. To this day I still love to dance to a good MJ tune and who better to dance with than Stella?



Despite feeling exhausted tonight the realization that it is only 48 more days until Stella and I take off for San Diego and engage in some serious dance party behavior is making me grin!!! 48 days will go by in no time!! So study up Stella so we can rock the dance floor! I dare you to do an across the floor jazz lunge walk like they do in the last video! Piece of cake for someone who did the sundberg conga!

Jamon.

2 comments:

T. said...

you. just. made. my. day.

Picture this: Me, lululemon yoga pants, uvic tank top, covered in flour from baking bread, practicing jazz lunge while my bread rises. I'm all over it.

I was actually thinking we should practice the sweet move at the end, where one guy jumps over the other guy doing the splits. We could do it. Totally. We'd show sundberg who's got the moves. Congaline smongaline.

Jamon is right. We'll rock the party.

Magnificent M said...

LOL! I am totally rolling the floor at the image of you and the jazz lunges. Definately yes on teh splits move, we can work on it while we wait at the airport!