Thursday, April 05, 2007

Surprise

One year ago we moved into this house and one year ago my husband surprised me with this lovely, romantic evening, proposed a second time and blew me off my feet. Tonight I am anxiously awaiting my DH's return from his trip to the Yukon and I have planned a little surprise for him.

When DH rolled the truck onto his left arm it caused his arm and hand to swell up. His ring was cut off in the emergency room and has since sat with the jewellery ever since. My plan was to take it in and have it fixed and surprise him. After much thought I decided to go a little bit bigger and buy him a new wedding band. The old one is special and now that I have bought the new one I am wavering a bit as to whether getting a new one makes me unsentimental. The new one is very handsome though... I guess I'll leave the choice up to him.

For tonight I have strawberries and chocolate and have chilled some cherry dessert wine which pairs very nicely with the dark chocolate. I am about to start a bubble bath and light some candles and set the "mood". I have hidden the ring behind the blinds, just as he hid mine a year ago and I plan to surprise him. I don't think he will be expecting it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hardly unsentimental!

Magnificent M said...

He loved the new ring and was telling me that it seemed so fitting to get a new one as the old was looking very beat up and scratched and seemed sort of symbolic of all of the hardships. According to him the new ring is like starting the next 11 years fresh. He's so cute