Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Caffeine required
I am not a fan of Wednesdays. Wednesdays are my long days and thursdays follow up with a dose of hectic. Today was no different. The suffering actually started tuesday night. I had errands to run, no husband and 2 kids so I foolishly decided that we could walk on the wild side and have McDonalds for dinner. So gross. I had a stomachache for hours afterwards. Not sick, just grossed out by the nastiness. I should have opted for Subway but I was too lazy to fathom getting out of the car. The kids were watching their 30 minutes of TV later and I fell asleep on the couch.... fully clothed in my work clothes (collared shirt, sweater, dress pants). I managed to wake enough to send them to bed but didn't get up off the couch ("just 2 more minutes and then I'll move") and then spent almost an hour half sleeping there. But I had to wake up to move and then I couldn't get back to sleep. Next thing you know it is 2:00 am and my alarm is set for a 6:30 am wake up call. The wake up call was painful. This morning started off with a not so great admission from B, the loss of some jewellery, a rushed morning and not enough time for coffee. At 8:43 I actually added up how many hours were left until the end of the day (14 minimum) and wondered if I would survive the entire day. I made time for my first coffee of the day, found something portable for breakfast and squeezed in a few hours of intense work before running out the door to a meeting. Coffee #2 and an intense meeting later and I was back on the road, 23 minutes later than scheduled, and attempting to get home to pick up the kids from kids club before rushing off to skating lessons. I managed to get them to skating JUST on time and vegetated on the bench for 30 minutes, adding up how many hours were left in the day and wondering if I would make it through. We left skating and headed home for dinner with friends. Thank heavens for split pea soup or I would have had a day completely devoid of vegetables. Faced with several hours of required attentiveness I ventured into rarely visited land and made myself my third coffee of the day...a double shot latte in a small cup - lots of espresso, not much milk. Wise, perhaps not. Required, definately. A little social conversation and espresso did help to perk me up. Good thing because hectic thursday looms and I have, at best, 3 hours of work ahead of me. Ain't wednesdays grand!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Geez, I think we could compare days! Of course none of mine involved meetings where I had to think so that was good. I was on the road at 8:45 and other than a quick zip in and out a few times really only landed back here at 9:45 tonight. Fun stuff! LOL And I only had two coffees. I really need to get an espresso machine. After I get my waffle baker! LOL
Happy Dreams to you...
Post a Comment