Friday, April 27, 2007
Cocktail party
I survived wednesday... somehow. The meeting was great, the ballet exam appears to have gone very well but we will have to wait for 5 weeks to get her marks and the cocktail party was fantastic! The event was held at someone's house and was a fundraiser for a very politically active advocacy group for families with children with autism. The turnout was amazing and the house was packed. The house itself was incredible... spectacular view of the ocean and the most amazing decor that I've ever actually been in. I felt like I was in a magazine spread and that at any moment Linda Reeves would step out from somewhere and start talking about color choices. What I loved about the house was how comfortable it was while being impeccably stylish. Of course it was west van so I'm sure it was decorated by a professional! I so wanted to take some pictures of the details!!! Too bad I didn't think to take my benjamin moore paint chip fan deck so I could have matched the color on the walls, it was beautiful and I am beginning to think of paint colors for downstairs now that we have a couch. Decorating obsessions aside, it was a great party. I saw a tonne of people I had not seen in quite some time and the organizers raised some money for a good cause.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The party sounds posh and fun...glad it was a good time for a good cause, bonus!
The room I'm moving into is currently a dark forest green...priority #1 is to paint it. That's going to need a tinted primer!
ouch, thats a hard color to cover! greens can by dicey... too much blue and it can get yucky. but hey, now you have an excuse to pick colors!!
Post a Comment