Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I heart cheese

Today I was working out in West Van. There was a time when I worked out there 4 days a week but that was a long time ago. Normally I schedule my work around my family schedule so I am always able to take my kids to school but today was an exception and I had to face the joys of commuting during rush hour while DH worked from home and took the kids to school. Man oh man can traffic be gross. Most of my driving now is in off times so I am spared the pain and at least now some of my driving time is paid time so it makes days like today more manageable. I am very glad that my driving is minimal because I do hate the stop and go dance.

After work I headed over to Park Royal determined to visit my favorite cheese shop, Les Amis du Fromage. What an amazing little store! The lovely man behind the counter helped me pick out some cheeses for Valentines day from France and I am dying to have a nibble on them. One goat cheese, one heart shaped Neufchatel (sp?) and a creamy medium blue cheese. I also snagged some yummy looking olives.

Valentines day this year appears to be turning into a bit of a gong show. We were supposed to be going to an event at our church but DH waited until Monday night to call a sitter. As you can imagine every one we know is booked. I'm not too worried about it, I am perfectly happy to have dinner at home. I like romance but I don't find pre-fabricated romance to be all that spectacular. And if we stay home we can have a nice bottle of wine with our dinner and no one has to drive! If I do cook I think I will make Coq au Vin and open one of our very special reserved wines. Now that I am talking about it, dinner at home almost sounds better! But a night of socializing could be fun too. I am quite happy to hole up in my comfy house and not be all that social so it is good to sort of force myself to hang out with other adults once in awhile.

3 comments:

Magnificent M said...

after I convinced myself that staying home would be way more fun DH found a sitter so apparently we WILL be at the dinner tomorrow. Cheese will have to wait I guess!

4ever29 said...

Can't wait to see you guys! Maybe you should bring the wine and we could have a little tailgate party before the dinner starts LOL! Did you hit Whole Foods while you were at Park Royal?

Magnificent M said...

of course! I only had time to buy myself lunch, didn't actually do any shopping. I had a very yummy panini with ham, camembert and mango chutney. Yum, yum, yum. Love that store. Wish I lived close to it!

oh and am laughing at the tailgate comment!