I headed downtown today to buy my new desk and DH's valentine's present. At Pottery Barn I was pleased to find out that they had all of my desk components in so instead of having to order it and wait for delivery I could take it home today. Ecstatic at the thought of finally brining organization to my space, I turned to look at desk lamps and that is when I saw it. Sitting a mere 10 feet away was the couch that I wanted but was unavailable in Canada, the PB sectional. I glided towards it, jaw dropped, eyes bugging. Could it be? Was it really true? I sat on it and the realization hit. I called DH. He agreed to meet us for lunch and to take a look at said sectional with us. I could have sworn there were some annoying blue jays flying around, rainbows dancing and showers of glitter falling from the sky. A pulled pork sandwich later I was hit in the face with reality. DH sat on said couch and said (drumroll please)
"I'm not sure...."
Bah-dum-bum. Oy. I love DH. Alot. Good thing to or I'd have flattened him at that moment. LOL! Okay I'm joking... sort of... My actual response was
"huh?!?! how can that be?!"
After about 15 confusing minutes he informs me he has to go as he has a meeting, he's not sure about the couch and then he was gone. I later told him
"I think I'm done. I'm done looking at couches oh picky one. You need to pick a couch. You need to decide what you want, find a few and then I'll take a look. I am done looking."
This comment reminded me of another time during the struggle to find a name for #2. I looked through book after book after book. Every day I'd have a list of names for him and he'd nix every single one. It seemed that although he grew up in a very small town he knew a lot of "jerks" with "that name". After book #4 I finally said "you know what, I'm done looking at names. You look, make a list of ones you like and I"m sure I'll like a few of them." That was at month 5. Month 9 approached and no name was chosen. Hadn't even cracked open a book. All of these baby showers and get togethers and everyone saying "what are you going to name the baby?" and I'd panic and say "uhhhhhmmmmmm...." Finally at one get together my girlfriend said "how about ___?" (Gorilla's real name) and we both went, "hey that is nice!". I suspect the quest for a sectional will be the same. If I wait him out, we'll be stuck with the monstrosity forever. Perhaps I should call the friend who picked the name?!! Eventually I will have to resume the quest for a sectional. I wonder what it is like to have one of those husbands who doesn't care about decorating and who lets you choose whatever you like.... it sounds dreamy but I suppose it wouldn't be quite as much fun. I'll just keep telling myself that and see if it sticks. Meanwhile, the wood couches stay. But I did buy the desk!
2 comments:
For a moment as I was reading your post my heart started beating faster and I got really excited for you. I'm sorry that DH had to go ruin it for you :) Would you like me to start a petition? I could have it be "We no longer want to sit on wooden couches at your house, so pick a sofa" petition. Do you think that would motivate him? Or maybe you could just entertain at Pottery Barn. Instead of going to your house have your friends meet you there and hang out. Memphis Blues is close by for food and there is a Starbucks across the street for coffee. Maybe that could work?
sigh. yeah, I was pretty excited too for a moment. Well at least it is there now so if he ever makes up his mind, we will be able to get it.
I was out in W. Van today and happened to stroll along by Park Royal and where did I go? Urban barn. Yes, I looked at couches. I sat on several. Apparently the ban on looking was a 8 hour bug.
Post a Comment