Thursday, December 14, 2006

Seven

I was watching the Simpsons tonight. Lisa's grandmother was singing "how many roads must a man walk down before they call him a man...." Homer walked in and said "Seven" in this matter of fact, monotone voice. I don't know why but this put me over the edge and I laughed for about 5 minutes. 20 minutes later I told DH and laughed so hard I could barely say the word "Seven". While writing the story out for you, I once again laughed out loud.

I'm not entirely sure it is actualy that funny but lack of sleep, a 14 hour work day and general pandemonium will do that for you. At least today its laughing.

In honor of Homer, the 7 things that I DID accomplish today:

1. finally sent out the remaining invoices from OCTOBER to my clients. Sad but true. Apparently I like my job so much I like to do it for free. Also sent November out. Getting paid is a good thing.
2. started a load of laundry. Yeah, daily occurrence but lets be grateful for small accomplishments.
3. emptied and filled the dishwasher. Twice.
4. completed large portion of work to do list.
5. pondered throwing a party for DH's birthday but decided this was insane given the circumstances. I'm not sure this is an accomplishment. Can we pretend it is?
6. Got the kids to school on time despite having slept in and having to make macaroni and cheese for their lunch.
7. completed most of my scheduling for january and part of february (work scheduling). Exciting task, not.

DH is doing a bit better by the way. The doctors now think that the disaster on his arm is not actually infected but a result of the damage and that it will heal on its own. He is still in a lot of pain and not sleeping through the night as a result but we are very glad to not have to worry about the infection aspect. The scarring is setting in which DH is finding upsetting but there isn't much that can be done to fix that... just preventative physio. Considering that he had a large vehicle on his arm, one can't expect 100% healing I guess. He is off to see the surgeon YET again tomorrow at something called the Hand clinic.

Must go bake.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You know after reading this post I was trying to think of something appropriately witty to say but all I could think of was...that song is so cool and I hadn't remembered it until just now. So, therefore if you want to know what you accomplished today (are you ready for it?? are ya?? LOL)...."The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."

T. said...

Very productive day!!

Anonymous said...

From Sienfeld to the Simpsons. I am a bit worried. But nonetheless you found a gem.