Saturday, December 23, 2006

My busy week

I have been busy running training workshops this week and tying up some loose ends before my Christmas holidays. I am taking off some time over the break to focus on my family, some decorating, some scrapbooking and hopefully some laziness. Things we have packed into our week:

1. Started off the week by a midnight shopping spree with a friend.
2. A dinner with friends. They are very health conscious so I made a very delicious and healthy dinner – my favorite way to eat.
3. Finished round 1 of the edible treats and delivered all. I gave some big, luscious boxes of treats to some very special people - the kids teachers. I hope they enjoy them. Various truffles, bark, nuts and peppermint marshmallows were in each box.
4. An impromptu coffee with adults. I have been a bit starved for real conversation lately. DH is not very talkative most days (pain is all consuming) and my work doesn’t really allow for adult conversation. I usually squeeze in a few hours of adult conversation between a few people but Christmas makes things busy.
5. Had my SIL and her hubby over today for lunch – our kids get a long well so we had a good time ignoring them while they played upstairs. My oldest nephew is fast approaching teenage years and remains shockingly pleasant. There is hope.
6. The kids Christmas Concert and Banana’s solo. The concert was great! The music teacher always choreographs the songs so there is some dancing and hand waving going on, LOL! And yes, there has even been some jazz hands on occasion, although not last night. Banana had a solo to perform and did a lovely job. Gorilla did a fantastic job as well. The grade 1’s did a fabulous and adorable nativity scene. I miss the days when the nativity scene was commonplace. There were kids in sheep costumes and the baby was almost as big as Mary and when exiting a shepherd almost took out an audience member with his staff – my girlfriend and I almost killed ourselves laughing at that! It was nice to finally be at something focused on Jesus vs. Santa and all the other distractions that seem to come up at Christmas.
7. And finally, in a ridiculously stupid moment, I went to Superstore this morning. My friends, do not even attempt it. It was pandemonium in there. In a sarcastically, ironic moment... While attempting to navigate the aisles that were full of carts and somewhat crabby people, I heard the song "its the most wonderful time of the year". I had to suck in my cheeks to stop myself from laughing out loud.

Left on the agenda is (dare I say it) go back out into the wild, err world of shopping and buy a few food related things, make Dad’s present, prep my croissants as they take several days, make my blue cheese and wild mushroom crackers, complete our gingerbread village that we are building, make some cookies and maybe take the kids to a movie. Phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mery Christmas!!!