Monday, December 25, 2006

I almost threw it out.

After all of the festivities died down I jumped into action. I had spent too much time "sitting around" today and was dying to get Banana's new bedding onto her bed, move things around and get her new bedroom all organized and spiffy! As usual, her desk was a disaster so I began purging the various scraps of paper and silly crafts that were piled high. A torn piece of paper caught my eye, I reached for it and almost threw it out without reading it but something caught my eye. It was a list. Here is what it said:

-Doing my chores without Mom nagging me
-Take care of my pets
-Hug her 1,000 times a day
-Give her kisses everyday
-Say I love her 8 times a day
-Do my homework

I asked Banana what the list was for and she told me she wrote it to remind her to cheer me up. I asked "Cheer me up? When did you write this?" And she replied "After dad had his accident. I wrote the list so I could cheer you up." My eyes began to sting and there was this funny lump in my throat. I told her "I think this was the best Christmas present I got today, thank you." And she said "I love you mom." Big hugs were shared and then I told her "gee hon, now you only have to say that 7 more times to meet you goal." Ahhh well, it can't always be serious around here?!

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope your day was as wonderful as mine.

3 comments:

4ever29 said...

People that know me well, know that I am totally void of compassion. However, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. How blessed you must feel knowing where your child's heart is. Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful list to have found. I was just telling dh how beautiful I thought your dd was (and how handsome your son was,especially with his new haircut) and now we can see that her inside matches her outside. Your children were so well behaved here and I hope it rubbed off on my older two who were slightly out of hand with excitement.

I am so glad you had a wonderful day - after the last couple months you deserve the peace and happiness.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, Michelle, if only you really knew my children!!! LOL! DD is very beautiful both in and out. DS however is not as angelic as he appears. He is trouble with a capital T. He may not look it but trust me, if you could have just seen me at 11:00 pm at Double Double's house griping about the huge blowout that we had with DS you would know that he is not as easy as he appears. And when he was your son's age he was even more challenging. He has some great moments but he is the reason I have so many gray hairs and so many wrinkles, and tense back muscles. I love him but he is stress inducing at times.

M