Thursday, September 07, 2006

My boring life this week

Crazy random events in my life this week:

1. On tuesday my car was covered in condensation. I rolled down the various windows to wipe them off and when I rolled down the passenger window it made this odd crunching noise and then the glass literallyy shattered and fell into the door as it descended. I stared at it blankly and then turned to the kids and said "okay, lets go! School waits for no one!" What can you do eh?
2. Someone told me that when you blank out while driving and do the auto pilot thing and then wonder how you got somewhere, you are actually having a seizure. I'm not sure if I believe this but it made me feel a bit tense. excellent.
3. I have a huge knot in my shoulder that is making my entire neck stiff and I have no idea why.
4. I drank way too much coffee on wednesday. this resulted in a rather jittery feeling for the rest of the day. Can't say I enjoyed the after effect. But I drank cream in my coffee (rare thing) and that almost made it worth it.
5. I reorganized my baking supplies a while ago (2-3 wks) and yet I continue to go to the pantry for my flour instead of the cupboard right above where I am standing. In the span of time it took me to mix ingredients for a loaf of bread for wednesday I forgot the new location 6x.
6. I had to park my car at double double's because I have no window, my garage is full and my attempts to move the stuff that DH kindly piled right at the entrance of the garage is heavy and with above mentioned knot in back, attempts to move heavy items didn't go well.
7. Someone told me that Crikey is a derivative of a swear word that I won't post. I've never even heard anyone say Crikey and I never would have made the connection. Oddly enough since she told me this, I heard 3 different people say Crikey in the span of 24 hours. Who knew??!

Other than that life has been busy but good. The kids returned to school and for the first time EVER Gorilla was truly happy to go back. He is very excited about this year and his new teacher. Banana is in a class with almost all girls and I think that will be a tonne of fun for her. They started at their new "afterschool care" 2 days a week. They have been looking forward to this for the last 6 months! I have no idea why - I guess because they enjoy the chance to play with other kids and do activities. This is a first for us but it is working very well. Although I mourned the return to school, the return of the routine is nice. Between school hours and 2 days of afterschool care/kids club, I have greater freedom work wise. Hopefully this will allow me to work during work hours and be home and available otherwise. That was challenging in the summer as the schedule differed week to week. I have adjusted to the concept that fall is returning and am actually not feeling too glum about it anymore. I do love fall, I just find winter in Vancouver to be a bit depressing at times. And I hate driving all over the city in bad rain.

DH is away again and will be for most of this month. Not thrilled about that. Makes it much more difficult for me to balance everything. But I guess I will have to get used to that again. We need the extra $ to pay our medical bills so I guess I will just grin and bear it.

And that is it. My life is boring right now, very little to say and nothing funny to talk about. yeesh.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey M - your life doesn't sound boring. I don't know how you do it with dh away for so long. When my dh was going away for 2-3 months it drove me batty and I said no more. Are the kids at afterschool at Rainbow? If so, I'm sure the cupcake man will take extra special care of them.

Magnificent M said...

Yes they are at Rainbow. I'm sure they will be loving cupcake man!!

I hate it when DH travels. I resisted this job for a long time and kept insisting that I would rather not have any $ than have this stupid job. Sadly I lost out in the end because the job he already had was being rather difficult as well. grrrr. I hate it when he travels because everything is so much more work. I have been up till midnight every night this week trying to keep up on my own work (thank heavens I can work from home most of the time!) after doing homework, meet the teachers and everything else all week. Fortunately my fridge was full of food from brunch and I've just been serving leftovers to the kids. That and some chinese food I ordered on wednesday because I had my students over that I mentor and I always make them dinner but I was too tired so we ordered in :-)

your brownies were YUMMY btw... have had them for dessert for 2 nights! Banana was thrilled. Gorilla didn't have any because of his behavior.