I'm having a 5 minute mental block. I was on a roll work wise, pumping out programs, answering emails and writing a behavior plan and contemplating two reports, err wait three that I have to write and then I foolishly decided to stop and eat lunch. Since that time I have been suffering mental block. And yes I ate my lunch at 2;00. this is an improvement of my usual eat it while I drive to pick my my kids from school or worse don't eat it at all routine.
Since lunch, my brain has refuse to re-start. I put some Jack Johnson on because his music reminds me of my little friends who are the reason I do what I do and I closed my eyes and thought of them. This helped me get 1 thing done but then I blocked again. Probably because I am not a fan of report writing and that was what I was working on. Must get it done!!! But this song came on and I like it and I decided to post it. The lyrics are pretty simple, afterall it is a soundtrack of lullabies for children but I like it. It reminds me of what I love about my job, the feeling that because of the strengths, abilities and experiences He has given me, I can indeed change the world and make it a brighter place for a few people, at least in a small way, with my own two hands.
I can change the world with my own two hands
Make it a better place with my own two hands
Make it a kinder place with my own two hands
With my own, with my own two hands
I can make peace on earth with my own two hands
I can clean up the earth with my own two hands
I can reach out to you with my own two hands
With my own, with my own two hands
I’m going to make it a brighter place with my own two hands
I’m going to make it a safer place with my own two hands
I’m going to help the human race with my own two hands
With my own, with my own two hands
I can hold you in my own two hands
And I can comfort you with my own two hands
But you got to use your own two hands
Use your own, use your own two hands.
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What lyrics>
I'd love to hear the way it is sung.
Thanx so much for having me over- it was nice to see everyone.sorry we left such a mess.
love mo
It was great having you over mo! And so glad you are posting on the blog :-)
Guess what, we discovered yesterday that another playgroup person has moved onto this street?! how weird eh? Do you remember Kathy, her daughter was the oldest in our group. They stopped coming somewhat early into things... she taught her daughter baby sign and we were all amazed and then a bunch of us started using it too...? Anyways they moved into the house on the corner which I didn't even know was for sale. Too funny!
Great song...saw Ben Harper perform a few months back at Deer Lake Park and he was fantastic. Not as fantastic as Dave Matthews, mind you, but fantastic just the same:) (Some random music info for you: That song is done by Ben Harper on that soundtrack and he originally did it on his Diamonds on The Inside album circa 2003)
And I'd like to affirm you in changing the world. You're doing a great job with your own two hands.
Post a Comment