We are back in Osoyoos again, just for the weekend. Its nice to be back, although the drive in the dark was less enjoyable. Velvet Queen is kindly house sitting for me and just before we left I pointed out the computer and the lovely internet connection and commented on how she could update us all on her life. She laughed. I said she must be too busy with her romantic life but she said she was just too busy with life. Hmmm. Perhaps I need to try that. Naaaaa.
Last night I ran into a friend from my past. Lets call her Elaine. Elaine and I were good friends and oddly enough, we danced together (and I don't mean "gettin it on" while doing the Sundberg conga line Stella, that honor is reserved for you!)... odd because I just ran into a fellow danseur, Don aka James Douglas aka Captain Hook. Elaine lives out here and has 2 younger kids. We chatted while in line for popcorn for our movies and reminisced. It was weird but interesting. Elaine and I did a backpacking stint in Europe together. We travelled by train - oh such a great way to go in europe - and while bored on a train platform somewhere we came up with this dorky re-worded version of "on the road again" but called it on the train again. apparently we are not the einsteins... We had several verses, each summarizing various ridiculous events in our trip... We also listened to Paula Abdul sharing our "walkman" earphones (1 each) Oh how old am I?? Well, GT's were had by all and it was nice to see her again but it felt weird and awkward too.
(I can't say "let's call her Elaine" without hearing the voice of the guy who falls in love with Elaine and makes a manequin of her... sigh. Only Stella and King D share my love of seinfeld. Really I am over the cancellation of it. Its just that stella and I love to chat and quote it to each other just for a good laugh).
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
L is housesitting? Party at M's house! LOL Just kidding! That girl is so busy that you have to prank call her just to get her attention (or confuse her and make her blame her cupcake man!) LOL.
Have a great time in Osoyoos. We had a great time the last time we were there. Do you have a place there or are you at a hotel?
As for Paula Abdul - been there done that so I completely understand. "Straight up now tell me do you really want love me forever"
oh Michelle, you and I are will be fast friends...
"oh oh oh, or am I caught in a hit and run?!"
hmmm, I can't type
Haha, yeah that prank call was awesome...you completely had me and puffy shirt hotty confused! I mean, really, how often do you have Samuel L. Jackson calling you, telling you to see his movie that is already a cult classic? Not often friends, not often enough.
Haha, cupcake man. That made me think of the classic "do you know the muffin man" song. Nope, no I do not, but I do know the cupcake man.
And I just blogged.
Post a Comment