I have come to enjoy blogging. At first it was a place to organize my thoughts, to journal my activities and a place to celebrate daily activities. Lately it has become a bit more. For once, I feel free to talk authentically about what is going on in my mind as well as my life. You see, I am one of those people who do this:
you: "Hi, how are you?"
me: (plaster big smile on my face) "Good! How are you?"
I don't want to "bother" anyone with the details but at the same time, it isn't very authentic.
A few years ago my life changed in ways I could never have foreseen and I was forever changed. I used to be able to open up and attach to people very easily but all of that fell apart. I became the person who hid things inside and a VERY few select people ever saw the real me. It was easier to keep it all at arms length. But when I blog, well, I am able to say much of what I am really thinking. I am not quite saying all of it (some things should remain unsaid!) but I am able to say some of it and I think that is good. It feels nice to be re-connecting again and it makes me realize how much I have coccooned myself (how on earth do you spell coccoon?!)
I am enjoying these conversations with the women I've met on this blog, as we explore our thoughts, lives, issues, problems and daily joys. It is nice to know that many of you are thinking similar thoughts to mine and its nice to speak authentically about our lives, our paths, our "choices" and our doubts. I really value the encouragement we give one another... women are not always great about supporting one another so it is nice to find that.
So ladies (both those who post and those who lurk) its time for that brunch we've discussed periodically. I read somewhere (real simple maybe?) about a woman who has a traditional brunch/open house every year on the first day back to school. It started as a place for the moms who were missing their kids to get together for a coffee... actually I think they met for mimosa's but we can tone it down a tad! Years later it is an ongoing tradition with many of the participants sending their kids off to college! I like that idea. So I am going to have a "back to school" brunch. Now I know that some of you have small children and others have homeschooled children so all are welcome. We can meet at my house. We haven't decorated yet so ha ha ha, there is no risk of little hand wrecking anything. If someone brings a baby gate with them we can block off the stairs and all things dangerous and just spend the time downstairs. I'll bring a few toys that are appropriate in and the little ones can play downstairs, the older ones are welcome to play in our recroom or downstairs or wherever and we can enjoy some coffee, some bacon, and hopefully some waffles if 4ever29 can make it :-) How does that sound? We should include some other moms as well so feel free to invite someone if you would like.
And lurkers, feel free to let us know if you can come :-)
Monday, August 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey when did this post go up? I think I missed it. This sounds great. Are we talking Sep 5 then? Or the first full day back to school (which for my son is Sept 6 I think - where is that calendar?!). What can I bring?
I know, Blogger stuck it in this spot for some weird reason! I am going to repost it.
September 5th is a full day for my kids so I didn't realize it was a half day for everyone else... is that the case?
We had talked about doing a brunch several months ago because 4ever29 kept talking about these amazing waffles and then I mentioned this Martha Bacon recipe and then before we knew it we were planning a brunch. We were jokingly saying we'd each bring something that sort of summed us up... double double would make us coffee because she makes THE best coffee EVER, 4ever29 the waffles, me bacon and then something veggie related etc. You are welcome to bring whatever suits you, is easy etc :-)
I will repost this blog entry in a day and we'll get a better idea of what everyone is bringing!
Post a Comment