Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lacking anything interesting to say...

Just to clarify, Michelle does not have B.O. My seinfeld links... well sometimes they pertain to specific moments, sometimes I have to stretch to find a reference. The B.O. comment is in reference to the fact that Michelle makes soaps. It was the only seinfeld quote I came across that referred to soap. King of the Castle... well how about I leave that quote unreferenced...! but let me just say that King D. did not actually have a king of the castle moment (that I am aware of) he's just the only person I knew who could carry off that title and not be squeamish. In other words I know him well enough and he has a fab sense of humor!!! I try to find some type of associated comment... i.e. double double has the coffee table comment because she likes coffee and then others are just for amusement like the idea of Velvet queen in velvet working on the penske file... to my knowledge she doesn't actually wear velvet but its amusing. And puffy shirt hottie who doesn't know seinfeld AT ALL does not wear puffy shirts but I think we all agree she could pull it off.

Okay, on to my thoughts today... I have none. It was unremarkable. I listened to lots of good music while writing a very lengthy behavior plan. I dropped kids off and picked them up from various day camps. I crossed off about 25% of the items on my to do list, not because I am unproductive but because I put too many things on the list and there is no way of getting them all off short of not sleeping (it is an option mind you). I didn't organize anything yet but am slighty irritated so it is only a matter of time. I once again, contemplated the thought that I need/want to lose some weight and that I have been thinking this since early spring when I wanted to lose weight before summer. This thought was followed by negative thoughts about self which was followed by guilt. I drank a power shake for lunch which is an improvement on my usual "skip lunch" mentality due to work load. I used up the contents of my produce bin (almost) making spaghetti sauce for dinner, partially as a result of negative thoughts/guilt/expanding waist line and because all other choices requried too much effort. I opened a bottle of pinot noir (Stag's Hollow Simply Noir)... perhaps not helpful in regards to weight loss, very helpful in reduction of negative thoughts. I put on India Arie who yaps about loving your body but then who wouldn't love their body if they looked like her... I returned to the wine. And that brings us to current. I am going to go for a walk... maybe.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL - Sorry M. I understand now and yes H could certainly pull off a puffy shirt should she ever choose to wear one (although I admit to not thinking that will happen!).

As for weight loss - From what I can see you are fabulous but it is all a mind thing I know (well in my case it is also an actual physical reality however we were talking about others) and how we feel about ourselves. If you are looking for any encouragement I suggest http://www.sparkpeople.com as it is a great site and has helped me (you can say mcilpuf referred you). It's a great site for all sorts of things to do with looking good and feeling better and it's free.

Hmmm, wine. I could use a good wine. Where did I put that bottle...

T. said...

I love sparkpeople! I tracked on it for a number of ...um....weeks. I still get the emails. I'm thinkin of returning to it again. It is good, in terms of seeing how your doing nutritionally, VS calorie/fat wise (good for that too, but I like that it gives the whole picture). I was able to see what nutrients/vitamins I was low on and alter to make improve it.

Michelle said...

I know sparkpeople has been great for me. I've really been able to see where I need help and if you're not honest in the tracking then the only one you're fooling is yourself. I've tried some of the recipes too and though I haven't liked all of them some have been really good. One of my biggest things was not eating all day and then being ravenous. Since I'm nursing my almost 5 month old baby right now it also helps keep me on track to eat properly so that he isn't deprived at all.

Hey M - I pulled out a bottle of wine (I am not a connosseur (sp?) but I like good wine) that I've been saving but I'm thinking I should just open it. It's a bottle of Inniskillin Okanagan Merlot (2000). Have you tried this one?

Magnificent M said...

ohhhh Michelle, that is a great wine. Is it the regular merlot or the dark horse? Come to think of it I may have only tried the dark horse but generally inniskillen is all around good.

I must check out this spark people thing! It sounds great! And free? well! even better!

I do the same thing, don't eat all day and then am ravenous and stupid. When I exercise I feel much better but I have been too busy to exercise for the last few months... since Atlanta really... and then my mind eats away at my soul. Exercise keeps me sane. Its a fine line people, but I'm slightly more sane with regular doses of step class.

Magnificent M said...

Michelle - I went with Giddy up! Like?? Now if someone decides you are horse crazy, I am not responsible. You, afterall, did suggest it. Its a good one though... afterall, one can not reference seinfeld without thinking of Kramer! I think my favorite K moment is when he poses as an underwear model for Calvin klein and the executive says his buttocks are sublime and then he falls over while leaning against the wall.

Michelle said...

LOL M - I saw the ad for that episode just the other day as they are rerunning Seinfeld on the new Tvtropolis (it used to be Prime). I do love horses! LOL I'm not really sure how it relates to me but I'm always saying "let's go" so...I just liked it. However, I didn't mind the other quote either once I understood where you were going with it.

BTW - I looked on the wine (which didn't get opened still) and it doesn't say Dark Horse Merlot but there is a dark horse on the label. I wonder if it is the same? I only like red wines. We go to our friends place in Naramata and they have a wine bar with these great big goblets of wine. It is divine! They are the ones that gave us the Inniskillin.

Magnificent M said...

ohhh, I love Naramata. We were just there in July. and yes that is the wine with the horse on it. so good!