Okay here it is, me and banana in the storm... look closely and you can see the hail on the cement. Nice.
Here is the rainbow that happened afterwards... almost made up for the earlier events.I woke up friday morning to bright blue, sunny skies. There wasn't a cloud in sight. I quickly logged on and checked the weather... 0% of precipitation, no wind, no clouds. Excellent. I tapped DH on the shoulder and said "lets slide again". And off we went. We arrived at 10:16 a.m. We slip slided away all day!

The kids had a blast! This year marked the first time we J and I were able to sit back and let the kids slide and slide and slide away without having to accompany them up and down the hill. Mind you last year we did this at the Osoyoos slides but they are pretty small. But it was great. Now don't get me wrong, I like a good slide but as an adult who is, err, getting up there in age, I don't want to spend 8 hours climbing a hill, standing in line for 20 seconds of fun. Well at this waterslide there was no line and the kids were fine on their own. We just sat on the deck and tracked them. Great fun.
But here is some proof that I couldn't resist the slides all day... I did in fact venture out and enjoy some fun!

Now there is a general rule in my house...
NO SHOTS OF ME IN A BATHING SUIT ARE ALLOWED.
But I have allowed this shot because the bad zones are camouflaged by water. LOL! There is another shot that if in old stle photos would be burned... because it is digital it has just met the less satisfactory demise of moving it over to the "trash". Not quite as satisfying.
Today we did the "o happy schedule" once again and hit the beach in the p.m. Yummy dinner of large green salad, small amount of Tiger Blue, some good salami, roasted olives and some baguette made fresh this morning by the master baker at Dolci. Oh and a decent and very affordable pinot noir.
I can't drink a pinot without thinking of "Sideways" the movie. A colleague of mine from my days at Burnaby School District had recommended I see it because of my love of wine. I saw it on the plane home from Chicago and was amused. I mentioned it to Mr and Mrs. Searle once and they gave me this look like I was nuts and said something about yeah it was kinda funny but that one scene was a bit much. I stared blankly at them... you see the version on the plane is errr, edited. There are scenes missing. Several actually. So I watched it again. I'll be honest, I still thought it was funny. And during the scene in question, I laughed out loud and almost fell out of my chair! Its one of those movies that in real life there are moments where you think of it and laugh and laugh and laugh. The pinot noir we drank is from Tinhorn Creek which is a fancy, marketed winery that kind of reminds me of the scene where Miles dumps the entire spittoon of wine on his face... haven't seen the movie, may want to check it out!
3 comments:
Ahh Sideways...I love wine and I love funny, but there was a lot of wine and not much funny. Me and Puffy Shirt Hotty have basically decided that those are 2 hours of our lives we'll never get back. You'll have to let me know which parts are funny. It's possible I missed them.
Sounds like you're having a fabulous time on vacation!
We still haven't seen it! Next on our list for sure.
Looks like tons of fun at the slides! I love your meal plan for your holiday - but you KNOW I love eating like that.
Velvet Queen - I think you have to be a wine snob to think it is funny. Its not napoleon dynamite funny. Its no anchorman! Its amusing... I think it is one of those movies that for DH and I, scenes from it are more funny now than when watching the movie... the scene where he dumps the wine is a favorite, the way the doofus friend slugs back the wine and then says "great" amuses us... dunno. Guess its just funny to us. We like to make snide "sideways" type comment at each other when drinking wine.
Post a Comment