Thursday, July 06, 2006

Its a bird, its a plane, its....

HAIL???



irritating aside... I have some pics and once again blogger is just refusing to publish them....not sure why??

We decided to go to the waterslides today. We were going to go on friday but we thought it might be quieter if we went today. Last year we went to the waterslides in Osoyoos. They are quite small but for the first time ever we could just park our tooshes on the blanket and let the kids run up and go down the slides on their own because there were not very many people there. It has a mini little hot tub which was sort of a nasty cloudy color. Although we had fun, overall the place was overpriced and a bit dingy and I was not super excited about returning. We decided to head to Penticton's Water World instead. The price was almost the same and there were more than twice as many slides.

We decided to do the half day rate and go for 3:30. Dh and the kids went to the desert centre first as it was actually cool enough to want to go into the desert today. I worked. After lunch we headed off to the waterslides.

We arrived at 3:26, sky was sunny, a few clouds lingered on the horizon. We paid. The dude at the counter assured us that even if it did rain it was more fun and that no they wouldn't close. I believe his words, "well I can tell you one thing, there is no way we will close because of rain".

It rained. It rained hard. In fact by 3:40 it was a full thunder storm, with heavy buckets of rain being dumped. By 3:45 it was hailing. DH thought this was great fun and kept saying "how often does anyone get to stand in the rain in their bathing suit?!" Hmm, I dunno but once is probably enough.

We thought it would clear fairly quickly as the storms of the last few nights have been 30 minutes or less. By 3:55 the waterslide staff had decided that the storm was too close and they would have to close the park. Gorilla was quite upset about it but trying to hold it together. I promised him we would return another day. We returned to "dude" who gave us our money back and gave us 4 free ALL DAY PASSES to the waterslides! Sweet deal! We not only got our money back but we get to go again and this time for free! Waterslides are NOT cheap so I am quite excited about that!

DH was soaked and had not packed dry clothes so we had to go over to Wal-mart and pick up some stylin duds for him. Then we headed out for a consolation dinner at some pirate establishment called Salty's. Some chicken strips and fires later, Gorilla was happier. They even pulled out a live lobster from this sad, sad tank they had and let he and Banana touch it. All is well again.

No comments: