Out of the mouths of babes...
yesterday Gorilla told us at dinner that he didn't want to eat 5 carrots, he only wanted to eat 3. I said something about how since he's big guy now he can eat 5, blah blah blah. He responds "these carrots are making me ugly". We had to laugh! I then told him he wasn't ugly to which he insisted he was. This type of argument can go for hours with Gorilla. Banana said something about it and then Gorilla retorted that she was mean to which she retorted she wasn't and on it began... I chose to interrupt it with
"Do you think Daddy is ugly?"
You see, I assumed he would say "no" and then I would ever so smartly tell him that "Daddy eats his carrots." However, he's getting to old for these types of mind tricks. When I asked him "do you think Daddy is ugly?" he said "yes!" and then laughed a conniving laugh.
Banana then pipes up with some comment about how most people probably assume Dad is a girl because he has a ponytail and how Gorilla has long hair and that makes him a girl too.
I think I might be raising Republicans here?! You'd think they'd appreciate the hippy do seeing as they've never seen Dad with anything but? And Gorilla's hair is so lovely... and in the summer when the sun, chlorine and salt water bleach it super blonde... ahhh, I will be in surfer heaven.
Regarding the ponytailed father, ehhh, he really should cut it off anyways! But then again, I have NEVER seen a photo of him with short hair that is acceptable. He hasn't had short hair since the end of high school/beginning of University and it was this curly mop and he had a mustache and he looked like the guy from C.H.I.P.S. without the tan, without the uniform, although he did have the motorcycle. Lets just say that if he had looked like that when we met I would have run far, far away.
Maybe he ate too many carrots?
p.s. Gorilla being smart and knowing which parent to suck up to, later professed to me that I was not ugly and that even though I eat carrots I am beautiful. Thats my boy! And he did btw eat all 5 baby carrots. There is no room for vegetable avoidance in this house. (okay there is some room but not on carrots, cucumbers, peas or corn.)
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
AH! That is SO funny!!!! I love your kids!!
Umm, I'm sorry officer, but this is way too funny. I'm not ashamed to admit that I laughed right outloud. Your kids rock!
LOL! Yes they do rock. They say the most hilarious things sometimes.
Post a Comment