Yesterday...
Yesterday was a very bad food day. I ate a lot of garbage yesterday. I started out alright - raisin bran with fat free milk but with a coffee from Timmy's. I would have been better to make it myself and honestly I'm not sure why I didn't?! It was a busy day, with tonnes of work to be done, errands to be run and children to be retrieved. As always I didn't stop to feed myself before so I did horror of horrors drive thru. Waste of money and waste of calories. I could have chosen something more appropriate but I was tired due to only getting 5 hours of sleep and feeling deprived and so I made a bad choice.
Rushed home, prepped dinner for 6 as we had a staff meeting. Dinner was good. I made Panini's with fat free smoked turkey, lite mozza, and spinach. I cut up cherry tomatoes and tossed them with dijon, lemon juice, olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper and they were delicious. The problem is that I never actually eat at staff meetings. I ate half of my sandwich.
I also made a pot of this crazy mexican coffee that was a present to my dad when he was on a business trip in mexico but he only drink espresso so he gave it to us. Its pretty potent stuff. I did drink all of my coffee. No food, lots of coffee, and only crap earlier - excellent.
It gets worse.
Hubby takes the kids to swimming and then football, I meet up with them at football to retrieve Banana who does not play football. (yes that is right, skinny gorilla, whose entire bum can fit in one of my hands and has legs slightly bigger than pencils, plays football. Who knew that they let individuals that small into football? They do. He loves it. There is grunting, testosterone, tackling and lots of yelling and running. Oh, and there is equipment. Padding, helmets, mouthgards - its all very exciting).
When hubby returns from football he has brought Dairy Queen with him. Because we need dairy queen? No! Because he is equally tired and hasn't had enough food and made an impulsive choice. He brought me the pecan mudslide which I must say is thoroughly disgusting but addictive. Too much ice cream, tonnes of pecans, caramel AND chocolate. Did I turn it down? No. Did I eat half and conservatively throw the rest away? No. I ate it all.
And then I felt horrible. Guilty, no. Physically horrible. I have been eating so healthy most days that my stomach just went into revolt yesterday. I felt sluggish, sickly and drained.
Yuck. And reflecting, I realized that the last 5 days have been less than stellar healthwise. I've been snacking on things like pretzels and crackers and simply eating way too many carbs and not enough veggies. I need to get back on the bandwagon. I will be forcing myself to spend some time with my "French Women do Not Get Fat" book tonight and getting back on track.
We have been eating some very yummy dinners lately though. We had thai steak salad, shrimp with greeny curry sauce and carrot salad, a very yummy roast chicken with ginger that we actually cooked on our new rotisserie on the bbq and the mozza and ham panini's. Still to come is mustard crusted turkey breast, roasted salmon with lemon relish and baked shrimp with tomatoes and feta. All were 10-20 minutes of prep maximum, easy, amazing, delicious and able to pair nicely with a glass of wine if so desired and... brace yourself double double... all from Martha! You must check out her everyday food mag. The meals are seasonal, beautiful, fresh and the flavors amazing and they are easy to make. Its not the worlds cheapest recipes but you just take them and tweak them to lower the costs a bit... extend them etc etc.
Friday, June 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment