Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Technology hates me

My Technology problems:

1. my router apparently won't let me webcam send out my image. No, I'm not starting a new career! (get your mind out of that gutter!) I need it to lead team meetings with my team in Victoria. Supervision via technology is a beautiful thing... supposedly... if it works. This is an ongoing issue that is fixable if I would stop blogging and get to it.

2. my computer has an infection. It will be hard to write this without a #@^&%*. I'll try. My computer mocks me with its infestation that is difficlt to erradicate (sp?). But I showed him (there is no way that beast is female!). I nuked the entire operating system last night. Suckahhh. It appears to have remedied the issue but I have to upload all of my freaking software again. Cuz I have that kind of time. (hmm, maybe if I stopped blogging).

3. My car turned on me today, put down her foot and said "NO!" I think it was because she was dirty and she is mad that I haven't cleaned her. Sweetheart, you are old enough to be responsible, clean yourself! Hmm, apparently that is not going to happen. Anyways she refused to shift from park to reverse or drive. Slight panic as I have to drive to the float plane tomorrow for my commute to the island. Took her in, and it was a small issue - the brake light wasn't working and apparently on the Jetta that means NO GO! The lovely men at Sport VW recognized my baby's pain and kindly washed her. They say it is free of charge but the amount of money they charge for parts clealry includes a car wash. Heck, for that cost, it should include a massage and some streaks.

But the day was not all bad... here are the good things:
1. I had a haircut. I love my hairdresser. He rocks my world. He and I have the same sense of humor and spend the entire time laughing. Hard. We've discussed the 80's, perms (and their combs/piks), various reality tv shows, real estate, gardening, decorating, his taking a class on Excel for "fun" and my old neighbors to name a few. I do not by any means have GOOD hair. Its very fine (read limp) and it doesn't grow quickly. Adam makes it liveable. I greatly enjoy him. And he gives a mean scalp massage. OH and the salon makes a dreamy cup of coffee!

2. I did one of my whirlwind run through Winners grab some items, take them home, try them on and return the rejects shopping trips. Who has time for proper shopping? Too inefficient. Sometimes this approach is a bomb. But today, oh ladies, today was sweet bliss. Apparently the french are not crazy as I was able to fit into some seriously amazing pants. Dare I say it, almost hot. Professional, fit perfectly, spring like, very nice. I like em. And I already have some shoes to match.

3. I read Lou Lou at the hairdressers and greatly enjoyed it.

4. I accomplished some work goals.. blogging is my reward.

5. I wanted to sit in the sun in a desperate attempt to get some color on my face prior to Atlanta. But I felt that was too lazy so I went for a run instead. I'm outside, I'm in the sun, supposedly getting some color and supposedly continuing to shrink the midline. Its a good thing. I sadly did miss my workout which was supposed to be a 2 hour (1 hour step, 1 hour core conditioning) because of the car's temper tantrum. A 2nd run may be required.

6. I found a wonderfood... its cereal. Iits called something about rebound. You are supposed to eat it after working out to replenish. It has 6 grams of fiber - count em 6! It has bananas in it! It is very grainy. It tastes good. It is low fat. It is organic. It has matcha green tea in it to give you a boost. You simply can't buy this type of fun for under $10 very often. I ate it for lunch. i was hungry by 3;00 because cereal isn't much of a lunch but I managed to make it to dinner.

7. I went to Haberneros last night. Yummy, fresh mexican food. I had the Ensalada with grilled prawns and tonnes of pico de gallo. Yum.

All right, I must go for run # 2, finish up some work, prep clothes for work tomorrow, pack my bag, spend some time with the kids before they go to bed in 1 hour, work on my posters for ABA (I am so dead on this front!) and lay around on my bed watching tv before konking out. Maybe I'll skip run #2. I think I will eat some cereal though!

3 comments:

Magnificent M said...

Double Double:
I couldn't resist the seinfeld link... its one of my favs but didn't want to use it to refer to a person so I thought it might work for the art.... which is spectacular :-)

the "posters" are these presentations of academic research all condensed onto a 4x4 poster. Its essentially a research paper that you make visually slick to try to compete with the pandas next to you ;-)

T. said...

Where do you get your energy?!? And btw - you were correct about STAPLES!!! Yes..now officially in a complete state of panic. I may actually have to take the freaking ferry back to victoria on Tuesday to pick up the freaking poster. I'm loosing it...LOOSING IT.

Magnificent M said...

hmmm, i wonder if my guy can print it for you... let me ask justin! he is printing it at Hydro for me on friday :-)

of course haven't started yet so how it will be ready for friday, dunno. I mean the research is done but haven't even inputted stuff onto template!