Today was one of my longer commute days - to Victoria. I dropped the loves of my life at school and jumped in my freshly washed jetta and drove downtown in my new hot pants and snazzy sunglasses. The flight over was breathtaking! I had planned to work through the flight but I foolishly grabbed the wrong folder so the work was in the cargo area and I was stuck with some blank paper. I started a packing list for Atlanta instead.
There was a slightly annoying couple beside me, talking too loud and the woman kept reading over my shoulder at what I was working on. My tactics:
a) strategically cover up what I have written with my hand, clearly sending the message "I know you are reading my packing list, back OFF"
b)close clipboard temporarily and look out window
c)turn in general direction of offender while once again covering material
I should have written something outrageous on the paper to teach her to not be so nosey!
Float planes are really neat! Small, noisy but very cool. I think I prefer landing in water than on a run way. And hey, if I'm going to crash into the ocean, at least there is hope in the float plane.
The view is phenomenal. They do not fly that high so you can see everything - the houses in Shaughnessy, people's pools, the bizillion islands between here and Victoria. I looked down at the wee cars and wondered, I wonder what that person is thinking, where are they going? I wonder what that house looks like inside? I wonder what it is like to have a house on the ocean like THAT! Small amusements for small minds.
Good day at work too. I have good peeps on the island. Its a bit weird on the other side of the fence but I am getting used to it. Had a really good meeting today too, one of those restore your faith in humanity meetings where you feel like there really are some good people. And to top it off, received some very genuine and meaningful reinforcement for a job well done.
couldn't have come at a better time as its been a rough week.
Then I got to fly home again, drive home in the still clean jetta, chat with a good friend and enjoy my daughter enjoying new friends.
I ate pizza for dinner, didn't get out for my run and had no veggies at all today. Hmmm, lets just say it never happened, no need to mar an otherwise good day. :-) Stuff it Mireille, I'll get back on the program tomorrow.
Now to prep the posters for publication! I will post them if I EVER get them done. I will post them because I KNOW you all are DYING to read about replacement behavior for vocal stereotypy... really should have done the sex starved pandas topic, much more flashy!!
2 comments:
I'm glad the rest of your day went well! My poster is in - signed sealed and delivered. Print shop closed at 5:30. I made modifications to the file after seeing the proof until 5:31 and signed off on it at 5:32. lol I have a HORRIBLE feeling there will be a giant glaring type-o. But it's done...currently engaged in marking an exam re: Reinforcement and respondent conditioning. I think it's actually my favorite of all of them to mark. So drinking coffee at 11:30pm and trying to enjoy not sleeping :-) Perhaps I should withold the marked exams from Prof in retaliation for poster panic, you think?
I agree! LOL! He must be punished for that behavior!
Post a Comment