Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Favorite Tacos

I swear by this recipe for Shredded Pork Tacos. I love making this up ahead of time and then warming up the meat after a long day on the slopes. Faced with too many heads of cabbage and a need to clear out my freezer so that I can defrost it this weekend I decided to throw this yummy meal together tonight.



I realize that Martha is not mexican and that makes this recipe slightly less authentic but Martha has a way of hijacking good food from other cultures and calling it her own and this recipe is no exception.

Tonight I have modified the recipe a bit. I am not making the avocado salad as it isn't very localvore friendly. Instead I will make a pico de gallo with tomatoes, corn, onion and cilantro. For dessert we will have baked apples and bananas with dumplings on top baked with brown sugar. The crunchy slaw and pork will be exactly as listed. Queso fresco is hard to find here in the burbs so we substituted goat's cheese.

Buen provecho!

2 comments:

T. said...

I've been wanting to make something like this now that it's fall-type weather. Will definately try it :)

Magnificent M said...

Great to freeze too! Get a big roast on sale some time, make this and freeze in smaller portions for a busy night.