Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Knock it off Napoleon. Make yourself a dang quesadilla!

We had quesadillas last night and tonight. Quesadillas have become my "use almost everything in the fridge up" meal lately. This time around we put in cheese, black beans, zucchini, walla walla onion, corn and garlic. Justin was in charge of dinner this night and was left with instructions to make tomatillo salsa. Somehow this didn't quite turn out right and it was pure liquid... the flavor was good - tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro and a spicy pepper of some sort - but the texture was umm, weird. Despite this, I ate it like it was soup and it was good. Tonight we had leftover quesadillas with a large green salad and I used the soupy salsa for the salad dressing and it was surprisingly very good. Browsing through my fridge I decided I had better use up some apples so I added apple to the salad and then in a fit of inspiration made an apple crisp. It was a great end to a mundane but tasty meal and it apple crisp makes a great breakfast too. I have a long day tomorrow so am simply pulling together some Pad Thai with some veggies and tofu, a good meal to chase away this cold that is wearing me down!!

1 comment:

T. said...

I am a quesadilla fan too. Last week I made tuna quesadillas - like a tuna melt :-). I've made brie quesadilla's too.

Apple crisp is my favorite dessert! So good for breakfast!