I'm sick. boo. Bad week for it too as I am madly rushing to satisfy my clients, run school observations, write, rewrite and revise IEP's and complete all of the work generated from last week's mad rush of work week. I've had a scratchy throat, drippy nose and that "I've been run over by a medium sized truck" for several days now. I have tried several natural remedies:
-copious amounts of tea... rooiboois has taken a slight lead only because it is herbal and can be drank at times when caffeine is not a good idea but might leaf tropical green tea has also been consumed. And I have a green tea/rooiboois tea that I have had a lot of... can't tell whether it has caffeine or not. The tea has been very helpful and simply soothing
-apple crisp, comforting semi-nutritious if you buy into my "desserts with fruit are healthier than other desserts" theory. I didn't skimp on the butter or the sugar and it has a lovely crust to it.
-vegetable curry
-a spicy chilean rice dish that I got at the whole foods hot bar this afternoon at lunch... ohhh did it ever make me feel better combined with a wee bit of macaroni and cheese on the side because I wanted it but knew it wasn't the best choice and topped with these cold green beans that I love from their salad bar and a generous helping of pea shoots.
- a zero calorie water naturally flavored with lemon and ginger... really helped to chase away the cold feeling for about 5 minutes
-pad thai with a generous helping of green beans sauteed in spicy chili sauce and garlic with a serving of tofu dipped in nutritional yeast on the side. I ate lots of all of it and I think it helped a bit.
I have also succumbed to two unnatural things that probably didn't help but temporarily gave me a lift:
-BBQ peanuts...oh the chemical concoction in those is addictive
-ju-jubes... don't ask... I have a "thing" for fruit flavored, gelatinous, sticky chewy candies. I'd sell any one of you to pirates just for a bag of 5 cent candies. Don't doubt. It is truly an addiction.
But the best remedy of all, one that I have not had a chance to enjoy this week, is sleep. And I am going to go to bed now and try it out.
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment