The groceries arrived today. I started to put them away and opened up my fridge and was reminded that I didn't do a very good job of eating up last week's groceries - my fridge was overflowing. I began what should have been a simple overhaul but what turned out to be a 1.5 hour job. I pulled everything out. I organized the ridiculous number of condiments - all of which are actually needed. Yes, I do need 2 types of mustard, and 3 types of sundae sauce, 3 types of pickles etc. I organized the vegetables and planned out our next week of meals, ensuring that everything gets used up in theory and I scrubbed the inside of the fridge. The job became more work when I spilled the bottle of homemade salad dressing and it dripped down the side of the fridge between the bins and the wall, requiring me to disassemble most of the fridge. Good times. Finally it was done and I set about making the following:
Fresh pico de gallo using tomatoes, green onions, garlic scapes, hot sauce and a whole mass of cilantro because a) is there such a thing as too much cilantro and b) I had 2 bunches in my fridge and they need to be used up. The end product is slightly salad like it has so much greenery in it but it tastes good. And cilantro is very good for you. The salsa is very tasty - I love fresh pico de gallo. Could seriously eat it with a spoon. And hey, why not? Afterall, its just veggies, a bit of lime juice, some vinegar and some salt.
Fresh dill dip and cut up veggies for snacking. Yum!
I had intended to use up the last of the falafel with a big green salad and some pita for lunch and then got busy doing something on my thesis and forgot to make my lunch and had to run out the door to go see Daphne.
On the meal plan for next week are the following:
chicken souvlaki with greek salad
BBQ'd chipotle chicken with potato salad (not the mayo type)
Veggies in peanut sauce and vegetarian chicken
Curried green beans and potatoes with a cucumber salad
Vegetarian Pad Thai with Thai green beans and some other vegetables
Cilantro fajitas
And lots of green salads as I have too much lettuce in my fridge.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment