Sunday, July 20, 2008

A day at the beach

Today we headed off to the beach for "Super fun ocean day!" You have to love my title... I used this surprise activity fun day as a motivator for yesterday's lesson and it worked well. So today we got up earlyish, walked the dog and then headed into Vancouver to spend the day at the beach. The kids played in the tidal pool, chasing crabs and catching them in empty yogurt containers while I looked on and relaxed. How nice it is to have kids old enough that I can do this!!! Griff was determined to swim in the ocean so we waded out deep enough so he could put his face in. So gross. Ick. We bought the best fries every (made from potatoes in front of our eyes and fried to perfection... very yummy!), we built sand castles and we listened to a lovely woman singing and strumming on the guitar a few feet from us. Her voice was very "India Arie" and she was lovely. It was a good day. I didn't do a very good job of sunscreening my own back though and I have a bit of a burn. :( And apparently I have added very little color to my tan because I was so vigilant about applying my spf 30 sunblock. I miss the days when tanning looked healthy, before we realized it was sun damage. I love a good tan. Its amazing how much better my pudge looks when tanned.

1 comment:

T. said...

Lol! I am with you on the tanned pudge. A good tan makes me feel so much better. Lol. I'm all about the self-tanning moisturizer now though. Tried it and it's perfect - not like normal self-tanner, more gradual and still gives me a bit of a tan without hours baking in the sun.

I do also though, find little else as relaxing as laying in the beating sun or in a hot tanning booth. Some relax in a sauna or hottub, but for me it's direct heat. Lol!